Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Man Who Couldn't Cry

Troubled water, and pain in my eyes. Can't seem to shake these tears from my mind, they won't come to the surface, try as I might. No water has washed away these things I can't understand. How could something so sweet, be so bitter in my own mouth. There is no comfort in this moment, only abrasive thoughts that tear into each memory uninvited, and unwanted. Maybe I need sometime to think, though these thoughts they never help, they are overcast clouds sitting there waiting to pour dismay all over my being. Listening to heartache and sorrow, although none could quite explain how I feel. There is no song that aptly describes where I am. Lost and confused, decisions not only my own, thoughts that have decided to make my mind their home. Smiles turn down at the corners of the mouth and a seriousness I do not welcome settles on my face. Million mile stares that occupy my time, as teary eyes dream of release. Morose inspiration and creative mind goes to work as my heart cries a little more. Tears escape me, by not my spirit, not my mind. Maybe finally I have found the man that couldn't cry.


1 comment:

  1. I can definitely sense the confusion felt in this post. I love how you articulated a lot of this, especially, "Smiles turn down at the corners of the mouth and a seriousness I do not welcome settles on my face."

    ReplyDelete